Antibiotic Fasigyn (tinidazole)
Fasigyn is a broad spectrum antibiotic. It is an anti- infective agent which is used to deal with numerous bacterial infections. It is active against many gram- positive and gram- negative bacteria.
Uses of Fasigyn
Fasigyn is used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria. It is indicated in:
- Infections of blood and skin.
- Chest infections
- Lung infections
- Infections of genitals and womb lining
- It is used to treat the infections that are associated with gastric ulcers. It is used in combination with other drugs.
- Protozoa infections like amoebiasis, giardiasis (both of which are stomach infections) as well as trichomoniasis (a type of genital infection).
- Vaginal infections (vaginitis)
- Gum infections (acute and chronic gingivitis)
- It is used as a prophylaxis before any surgery to avoid any sort of bacterial infection.
Side- effects of Fasigyn
Like all other drugs, Fasigyn also comes with some side- effects. Side-effects may vary from person to person. They are sometimes mild and subside on their own, while sometimes they need medical attention. The common side- effects of Fasigyn are:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal cramps or pain
- Skin rashes
Some severe side- effects of Fasigyn:
- Difficulty in breathing, sudden wheezing, swelling on lips, tongue, eyelids or face
- Seizures or fits
- Tingling, numbness, pain in limbs or weakness
- Unsteadiness or clumsiness
- Chills and fever
- Painful mouth ulcers
- Metallic taste in mouth or discoloration of tongue
- Dark urine
You must consult the doctor if you see any of these severe symptoms.
Contraindications of Fasigyn
Fasigyn is contraindicated in many situations. You must not take Fasigyn if:
- You are allergic to tinidazole or any other similar kind of drug.
- If you are allergic to any active ingredient or other ingredient of this drug. The allergic reaction may lead to wheezing, skin rash or severe itching. If this thing happens, discontinue the use and consult your doctor.
- If you have any blood disorder or any history of blood dysfunction
- If you have any Central Nervous System (CNS) disease like epilepsy
- Spirits, beer or wines are contraindicated during the course of treatment and also after 3 days of stopping the treatment.
Pregnancy and Fasigyn
If you are in your first 13 weeks of pregnancy, you must not take Fasigyn. It is strictly contraindicated during pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are already bearing a baby or are planning to conceive during the course of treatment.
If you are a breast- feeding mother, do not use Fasigyn as Fasigyn has a tendency to pass into the mother’s milk. It may harm the breastfeeding baby.
- Download in PDF » Fasigyn: Product Information